A Photo Per Day || October

11/05/2017



For the first time this year, I'm late uploading my monthly photo wrap-up. It sucks. And I'm really sorry. But to be entirely honest, this month has been a roller-coaster. It started off good with a trip to Edinburgh with my mother - the first trip we have ever taken just me and her. It created so many memories that I will undoubtedly treasure for the rest of my life, but it ended on a low note. And I guess that seeped into the remainder of the month. I've been really low lately, and I don't really know why. Everything has felt hazy and not very.. real, I guess. I don't know. Anyway, this month has been lacking in photos and I apologise for that. But on the flip side, it was Blogtober! Yay. I only missed 2 days out of the 31 expected. Not bad, right? Be sure to check out the multitude of new content on this blog. And hey, it's almost December. Christmas is fast approaching! It'll get better. Next month will be better.
-

02/10/2017: Everyone needs a silky pair of PJ's for pamper nights. There is no better feeling than lotioning your entire body, putting on something silky, and getting into a bed with clean sheets. Heaven. Gets yours at @poppyapparelshopand get 10% off with discount code "rootingbranches" Treat yourself! Be the Blair Waldorf that you want to be. 
03/10/2017: Ever feel like you're desperately trying to step out of the shadows into the light, but you just keep getting pushed back? This past week has been horrendous and things aren't getting better. I keep getting pushed out of people's thoughts and the further back I'm going, the more everything is feeling sharper. My heart weighs heavy in my chest. And I'm afraid I no longer know how to lift it alone. Too honest?
04/10/2017: Blogtober Day 4: 2017 Book Wrap-Up [June - September] Click HERE to read. There are over 30 books mentioned in this post, so be sure to tell me which you've read! I'd love to know. Side-note: photo credits to the owner.
05/10/2017: Blogtober Day 5: Unappreciated Stores: Shoezone. Click HERE to read. Take a look at all the Winter boots that they currently have to offer. Warning: you'll have a lot of extra shoes on your wishlist. 📷: @jessskate_ Be sure to check out her YT channel, link is in her bio! Big thanks to her for letting me use her photo. 
-

06/10/2017: Blogtober Day 6: "May the fourth book haul be with you". Click HERE to read. Check out all the bargain books I bought (well, Bill bought me) during a day of library hopping last month. Have you read any of these? Your thoughts?
07/10/2017: I bought this from Superdrug earlier this week because it was on offer for £2. Bargain! I'm super impressed with both how it smells and how long lasting it is. 100% recommend!
09/10/2017: Blogtober Day 8: "The Place That Needs To Be On Your Bucket List: Solvang, CA" Click HERE to read.
12/10/2017: Blogtober Day 12: A book review of Susan Maushart's The Winter of Our Disconnect. A great nonfiction book written about a mother and her three children's journey of going unplugged. Really good read if you find yourself online too often. Click HERE to read! PS: I'm officially home from Edinburgh and exhausted. How do people constantly travel? Hats off to you!
-

13/10/2017: Missing the uneven grounds of Edinburgh. I think I have getaway blues. Though my legs are darn thankful for the rest. I could kick (pun...?) myself for not wearing a step counter for the days wandering around. I think I could eat a cake twice over to make up for the calories burnt.

14/10/2017: Only me and my mother would somehow end up in an Irish bar in Scotland. I think we do things backwards.
15/10/2017: "I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited." - Sylvia Plath .
16/10/2017: #ShadowPlay ⬛⬜ Thank you random people for both photobombing and bettering my shot. You guys are lovely!
-

17/10/2017: New Post: "My Social Media Anxiety: Why I Don't Comment or Tweet" Click HERE to read. I haven't really been updating here with my Blogtober uploads, but there is a lot of new content over on my blog. The newest upload was hard to write, but those are usually the posts worth posting. Let me know what you think.

17/10/2017: Tiny shops and wonky pavements, I miss Edinburgh.
18/10/2017: Want to read a blog post written by a cat? Duh! Of course you do. Click HERE to satisfy your needs. Double dare you
20/10/2017: New Post: "The 100th Blog Post" Click HERE to read! I can't believe I've reached the milestone of 100 blog posts on RootingBranches, it's gone by so quickly. I will be doing a giveaway in the next week or so, keep an eye out! Would it be better on Twitter or Instagram? Help would be appreciated.
-

21/10/2017: I really want to read more classics. I feel like my inner Rory Gilmore is grimacing every time I pick up another YA contemporary novel.
22/10/2017: New Post: "Rituals.. Yogi Flow Foaming Shower Gel || Review" Click HERE to read! Is £8.50 a lot for a shower gel? Yes. I managed to nab this one for free using Tanya Burr's discount code "tanyaburr" (just had to pay p&p). Alas, I have written a non-bias review. Beauty isn't usually my strong point in writing, so feedback is welcomed. Have you tried anything from Rituals? What are your thoughts on the brand?
23/10/2017: Longing for nights of champagne and dream cake with @billiamswn. But minus the lump that was lodged in both of our throats at the prospect of saying goodbye. Why can't distance not be... distanced? (That made sense in my head) 
24/10/2017: New Post: "Why I Love The Horror Genre" Click HERE to read! Things are slowly getting spooky on my blog. Ooh. I'm loving the Halloween atmosphere that is currently taking over social media. What's your favourite movie genre? 
-

25/10/2017: "Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries." - Jack Kerouac, On the Road. 
26/10/2017: "Six Horror Movies I Wish Would Be Remade" || Click HERE to read! What's been your favourite movie remake? I'd have to go with Friday the 13th.
27/10/2017: I miss stroking my pretty pile of books on @billiamswn's bookshelf. Why is there something so satisfying about having your TBR piled in front of you? What's on your current TBR?
29/10/2017: My review of @dr.botanicals's Coffee Superfood Renewing Facial Exfoliator is up on the blog. Click HERE to read! I adore this product so much and it is definitely a first that's given me instant visible results. Whoop, whoop. It's also Vegan, Cruelty-Free, and 100% Natural. Now that's what you want in your skincare.
-

There we have it. A very minimal look at my October. It really disheartens me that I haven't been doing too well with this segment as it really is one of my favourites to do. Sometimes a funk is just hard to snap out of, you know? I hope your October treated you better and you had a spooky time.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Rooting Branches. Design by FCD.